“For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses”.
Prayer Meeting Purpose
The purpose of our prayer ministry is to cover our church in prayer, to pray for others and to help you grow in your walk with the Lord.
New Alpha Worship Center asks Godly, committed men and women to set aside one hour each week in concentrated prayer for the needs of our nation, church, pastor, missionaries, and the lost. Those who make this commitment are supplied with prayer requests of a varied nature through our Prayer Ministry office. Many individuals have shared that this ministry has resulted in a deeper personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ as they have drawn closer to Him in times of praise, confession, intercession, and adoration.
Use this Prayer Guide to help in a time of spiritual renewal with the Lord your God.
- Humble yourself before Him
- Be still and listen
- Praise His name
- Pray His Word
- Believe His promises
- Trust His Word
- Thank Him for answering
Jesus taught His followers to pray a simple daily prayer. You may know it by heart already as “The Lord’s Prayer,” but it will become more meaningful to you if you take time to think about what each phrase means. Then say it in your own words:
- “Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.” At the beginning of your prayer, acknowledge that God is your Father. For example, you might pray, “God, thank You for loving me and adopting me as Your child, though I did nothing to deserve Your love.
- “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” These phrases are all about your desire to have God’s ideals acted out here on earth. Ask God to show you what He wants done today and to give you the energy or courage to do it. Ask Him to show you any ways in which you might be unaware you are doing something that is less than His ideal and to help you change.
- “Give us this day our daily bread.” Ask God to provide for you physically today. Feel free to ask for other needs such as housing, clothing, a job, safety, etc. Get specific about what you need and thank Him for the ways He has provided in the past.
- “And forgive us our trespasses even as we forgive those who trespass against us.” Ask God to forgive you for those things you know you have done wrong. You may want to pray for God’s help in conquering a sin that keeps recurring in your life. Ask God for His forgiveness and thank Him. Then, think about whether there is anyone in your life who you have not forgiven. Take a moment to mentally forgive others. Ask God to intervene in those areas of your life.
- “Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.” After praying for forgiveness, pray for protection from temptations and evil for self and family.
- “For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory. Amen.” Acknowledge that God has the power to answer your prayers and perform what He has promised.